JohnnyBdaily

Monday, June 23, 2008

At expense of obeying God? OR, God's bounty?


Good morning!! A great day to be alive in the LORD JESUS CHRIST!! I trust your Sunday was Jesus-enhanced! Have you ever wondered why you ask for something and God doesn't come through with it? Well, there is probably a reason.

James 4:3,4 "And even when you ask, you don't get it because your motives are all wrong - you want only what will give you pleasure. You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God."

Wow!! Strong words that really hits home! If I cherish or hold in high esteem my new truck, my house, my clothes, my money, my my my my - all personal worldly things, then I am an enemy of who? GOD?!?!?! But, but, I love Jesus!

Well, how deep is your love? Surface love or heart love. There is nothing wrong with wanting a pleasurable life. God gives us good gifts that he wants us to enjoy. But having friendship with the world involves seeking pleasure at others' expense or at the expense of obeying God. Pleasure that keeps us from pleasing God is sinful; pleausre from God's rich bounty is good.

Where do you sit today? Pleasure at expense of obeying God? OR, from God's rich bounty? Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home