JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jesus' yoke

Good morning everyone! Yes, yes, another great day to be alive in Jesus. Yes, we qualify as a witness because of what Jesus did for us on the cross. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

You say: "I'm too tired."

God says: "I will give you rest."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

A person may be carrying heavy burdens of (1) sin, (2) excessive demands of religious leaders, (3) oppression and persecution, or (4) weariness in the search for God. Jesus frees people from all these burdens. The rest that Jesus promises is love, healing, and peace with God, not the end of all labor.

A relationship with God changes meaningless, wearisome toil into spiritual productivity and purpose.

The yoke is still an oxen's tool for working hard. But it is a shared yoke, with weight falling on bigger shoulders than yours. Someone with more pulling power is up front helping. Suddenly you are participating in life's responsibilities with a great Partner - and now that frown can turn into a smile, and that gripe into a song.

Jesus is pulling for you, help out, pull your weight. Jesus shed blood, now pulling and helping you. Just LET GO, LET GOD, LET JESUS! Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home