JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An angel of light --- satan II Corinthians 11:14,15

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Does God ever talk to you? Or does God talk to you and you just don't listen or pass it off as oh, well, in a dream I had....... or a thought just entered my mind but......., etc.?

While talking to my nephew, who is playing satan in a church play, I teased him about wearing horns. He said he could not wear horns as satan, then we talked about how satan comes in pleasing and possibly beautiful packages.

II Corinthians 11:14,15 "But I am not surprised! Even satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve."

Paul was talking about false apostles and deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. Satan and his servants can deceive us by appearing to be attractive, good, and moral. Many unsuspecting people follow smooth-talking, Bible quoting leaders into cults that alienate them from their families and lead them into the practice of immorality and deceit.
Don't be fooled by external appearances. Our impressions alone are not an accurate indicator of who is or is not a true follower of Christ; so it helps to ask these questions: 1) Do the teachings confirm scripture (Acts 17:11)? 2) Does the teacher affirm and proclaim that Jesus Chrsit is God, who came into the world as a man to save people from their sins (1John 4:1-3)? and 3) Is the teacher's life-style consistent with biblical morality (Matthew 12:33-37)?
In verse 15 Paul reminds the Corinthians that the false teachers and hypocritical leaders will one day "get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve." The principle of judgment applies to all who speak on God's behalf. Yes, your preacher, your associate pastor, and .......YOU!
Last night in my dream, and it was like it was actually happening, all kinds of wonderful, fun things came up showing how easily it is to be distracted and go astray. I viewed big nice boats, four wheelers, houses, and on and on. The main theme that kept returning to me was....these are only here temporarily, they will pass away, and these are items satan uses to distract us from the REAL WORD OF GOD! God was talking to me, I am sharing, are you listening? Can you hear God? Well, sit down, be quiet and listen!!
What is your excuse for not doing more for the kingdom of God? I don't like corporate worship! I do my work for God on my own! I need some me time! I can't spend all my time at church or working for God! And the best (tongue in cheek).....I don't have time!
Try using the words - "I DON'T WANT TO MAKE TIME!" You have time, you just don't want to. Be honest, God knows the truth. You can find time to golf, fish, go out to a movie or to eat, to watch football----but no time for God? Bah....hum bug! Be careful- watch for the wolf in sheeps clothing. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home