JohnnyBdaily

Monday, November 14, 2011

Holy living? 1 Peter 1: 13-21

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

This week please look at and study 1 peter 1:13-21 "(13)So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. (14)So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. (15)But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.(16) For the Scriptures say, "you must be holy because I am holy."

The imminent return of Christ shold motivate you and me to live for Him. This means being mentally alert (think clearly), disciplined (exercise self-control), and focused (look forward). Are you ready to meet Christ? Are you living as God's obedient child?
Unfortunately, my response to this is no, I am not living that way. I try, then something comes along and pulls me in another direction. I come back, ask forgiveness and try to remain focused on Jesus. When my eyes fall - I falter; how about you?
Our God, the God of Israel and the God of the Christian church is holy. He is a God of mercy and justice who cares personally for each of his followers. Our Holy God expects us to imitate Him by following His high moral standards and by being both merciful and just.
Verses 14-16 Peter's words mean that all parts of our lives and character should be in the process of becoming conformed, both inwardly and outwardly, to God's standards. Sometimes we feel a pull back to our old ways. When this happens we need to focus clearly on what is important and at hand - JESUS CHRIST! Do you? My answer is a definite "sometimes," whereas my answer should be "always" I look to Christ first.
Take time and pray for me and everyone who reads this that they re-focus and clearly see the holiness that Jesus Christ desires for us. Thank you and love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home