JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Be joyful, follow God's commandments! Psalm 119:1-8

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   Yesterday, when we ended I asked, "do you really know God?"  Did you soul search? What was your conclusion?
   Did you know Psalm 119 is a Hebrew acrostic poem?  There are twenty-two stanzas, one for each successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Also, Psalm 119 is the longest psalm and the longest chapter in the Bible.
    Look at Psalm 119: 1-8 "Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD.     2  Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.
3  They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths.
4  You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully.
5  Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees!
6  Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands.
7  As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should!
8  I will obey your decrees. Please don't give up on me!

Read those once again, read with meaning. Then for 3 other translations click on Psalm 119:1-8 .
You are charged to keep God's commandments and be joyful, be not ashamed, obeying the LORD and be obedient.  How does that make you feel?  You are a child of the King, God!  Tell someone today!  You may be the only Bible someone sees. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home