JohnnyBdaily

Friday, July 26, 2013

Energy vampires or energizer bunny?

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   Jon Gordon has written a book entitled "The Energy Bus," where he tells  a story about people who create positive energy consisting of vision, trust, optimism, enthusiasm, purpose and spirit that defines great leaders and teams.
    How well this relates to our spiritual life in Jesus Christ.  See if you can follow these 10 rules and relate them to scripture.
  1. You're the driver of the bus -----you get to choose the direction of your life: Jesus or ........
  2. Desire, vision and focus move your bus in the right direction--walking in the world or with Jesus
  3. Fuel your ride with positive energy -- be filled with the Holy Spirit, letting the Spirit direct you
  4. Invite people on your tour bus and share your vision for the road ahead -- plant seeds as we are told to do, spread the good news of salvation through Jesus
  5. Don't waste your energy on those who don't get on your bus---you plant the seed, you cannot force them to accept Jesus, your job is to plant the seed, God will take over from there
  6. Post a sign that says "NO ENERGY VAMPIRES ALLOWED" on your bus -- satan will come and try to turn people back to the world, counter with the nature of Jesus
  7. Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride--let others see JESUS in you and they will want what you have
  8. Love your passengers -- the greatest commandment love your neighbor as yourself
  9.  Drive with purpose -- when you leave the confines of your home and get on your bus, know what you are going to do today; spread the good news of JESUS and salvation
  10. Have fun and enjoy the ride -- Enjoy your life here on earth as it is short, but you are preparing for life eternal with GOD.  "Et don't get no gooder dan dat." (East Texan). 
   Are you an energy vampire, always complaining about something, OR are you and energizer bunny, sharing and bringing joy to others?  Look inside.  Work for Christ; be like Christ; share the word of Christ!  Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny
Here are 3 scriptures for today:
  1. Psalm 18:2
    The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
  2. Psalm 18:35
    Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.
    Psalm 18:46
    The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home