JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Jesus walk? Or walk of the world? 1 John 2:15, 16

Good morning all! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   Well???? On you on the One Way street called "I", or on the expressway named "JESUS"?????  Hmmm!  Always a good question and good for soul searching.
   1 John 2:15, 16 "Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.  For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions.  These are not from the Father, but are from this world."
   Wow!!  Does this not only speak to you, but hit you right between the eyes?  It does me.  How often do we get caught up in what the world has to offer, our own pleasures, and forget it is HE who give it all?
   Being part of the world is not just in the possessions we have, but it is also internal, inside us that may keep us part of the world.  We talk about the heart, and if the heart still lusts, yearns for, or covets the things of the world ---- there is not enough room in the heart for Jesus AND the world.
    How do you know if Jesus is in your heart or is it still the world?  If, when you see things of the world, and you crave to have "it" or you want everything you see, you covet and you are prideful in yourself for your accomplishments --- Jesus may not be there.  HE has been crowded out.  This is when satan says amen and you so oh-me.  So, what are you going to do about this if this is happening?
    First, knee mail.  God was the originator of the first text and wireless connection--so talk to him.  When I thank God for my job, when I praise HIS name for opening doors in my job, I have very good days; orders come in that I had no clue about.  When I walk the Johnny walk - things don't open up like they do when I do the Jesus walk.  Duh!  You would think be faithful daily, lest I forget; yet I do forget.  Just as the Israelites would forget and turn to false gods; this is what we must guard against.  If we go for the worldly things---we have created a false god, a Baal, an idol that does nothing for us.
   The choice is yours my friend.  Stay thirsty for the living water my friend. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home