JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

IF's and BUT's

Well, A lot has happened today and I am behind in my devotional. Thank you for being patient. God is good, all the time; all the time God is good!!! When things look bad, they could be worse; when things look good, they could be better. Now, what type of person would say this???
We tend to use a lot of "IF's" and "BUT's"!!! As Dandy Don Meredith said so eloquently: "If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas."

If----we are always reaching when we are in the If Zone.

But----we are passing the responsibility.

IF I had more time, I would be a better Christian; BUT, there just never seems to be enough time.
As the cave man on geico says, yeah I have a response.....what????

We don't have time to do God's work, but we can...........(you finish it your way; for me it would be..)take the boat on the lake, play golf, go to a movie, watch t.v. or movie on t.v., etc.
Are we working for eternal life? Or, are we working to just stay alive???
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

We cannot serve 2 masters, we will love one and hate the other. A simple decision.....yet so very hard!!

"Whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil." Proverbs 1:33

Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful and blessed day, evening and tomorrow. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home