JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Are you strengthened in the SPIRIT????

Good morning everyone!!!! Yes, another great day the Lord has provided for us. When we are not sure, we just uplift our face to heaven and talk to the Father. God is good, all the time......all the time, God is good.

We have been talking in 1 Corinthians 14 and have gone through verse 3. Let's take up with vs 4 & 5. "A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophesy strengthens the entire church." (5)"I wish you could all speak in tongues, but even more I wish you could all prophesy. For prophecy is greater than speaking in tongues, unless someone interprets what you are saying so that the whole church will be strengthened."

When someone speaks in an unknown tongue, unless there is an interpreter, then that person is speaking in a "prayer" or "spiritual" language. Are tongues alive today? You do the research, you make your decision. If tongues are alive, then they will strengthen you and your spiritual life. Unless, what does Paul say?? If an interpreter is there then it will be for the whole church.

Paul's wish is that we could all speak in tongues. Why? What do you think? Maybe, since this is a gift from the spirit we would be deep and earnest in our prayer?? Would this make us closer to God?? Well, Paul says EVEN MORE, "I wish you could all prophesy." Why would Paul want this for us? Because, if I speak in tongues only I am edified, unless there is an interpreter, then the whole church may be edified. But......when I prophesy or preach or teach the word of God each word I utter is understood, whether it be 5 words or 10,000 words.

Think of it this way....if someone comes up to up and tells you how wonderful you are in a foreign language what would you do? Probably be like the bobble head.....stand there grinning and nodding your head. But if they speak to you in your native tongue, then you will understand each word. So, do we want to share the word of God where very few understand or be COPS (Christians Obediently Proclaiming Salvation)?

Points to ponder....how do I edify the church?? Am I living and sharing the word of God?? Am I walking in the spirit?? Have I prayed today-earnestly??? Challenge - tell just 1 person about Jesus today. Let me know what happened?? God gave me my job, my home, my auto, my family, and on and on....SOOOOOoooooooo what am I doing to thank Him????
Thank you for reading. Love you all!!!

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home