JohnnyBdaily

Friday, November 02, 2007

Look around - be alert - be thankful!!

Good monrning!!! Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour!!! Do you appreciate what God has given you??? Have you spoken to your Father in Heaven today?? When will you communicate and tell your Father how much He means to you???

Personally, God has blessed me far more than I could hope to deserve. My life, my career, my family, my jobs, my home, everything has been given to me by my Lord and Savior, by my Father in Heaven.

Our faith has to be strong as we do not experience the miracles that the children of Israel did. Wait, we don't?? We need to stop, look around, and just see. The sunrise....the sunset! The mountains....the plains! The fowl....the creatures of four legs!! The healing of a cancer patient who was told to prepare to die!!! The fatal accident you were "almost" involved in!!

Where is God??? Look around!! Sure, we started from a microscopic organism and evolved over time to what we are now. Yeah, right, whatever.. ..and if this is true the Bible is confused. We need to thank God for what we have right now!!! A million dollar home or just simple shelter. Let's look at Numbers 11:4-6

"Then the foreign rabble who were traveling with the Israelites began to crave the good things of Egypt. And the people of Israel also began to complain, "Oh, for some meat!" they exclaimed. "We remember the fish we used to eat for free in Egypt and we had all the cucumbers,melons, leeks, onions, and garlic we wanted. But now our appetites are gone. All we ever see is this manna!""

Dissatisfaction comes when our attention shifts from what we have to what we don't have. Are we grateful for what God has given us, or are we always thinking about what we would like to have? We should not allow our unfulfilled desires to cause us to forget God's gifts of life, food, health, work, friends and family.

Thank you for reading with me. God loves you and so do I. Have a blessed and safe day and weekend.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home