JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Does evil harbour in your heart?


Good morning all! Another wonderful day to be alive in JESUS!! What do you think? I could have....., or I would like......, or I don't know why THEY have .........when I am more deserving. Why do we think this way.

James 4:5 What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?

This verse may mean that because of our fallen nature, we have a tendency toward envy. James is not quoting a specific verse or passage - he is summing up a teaching of Scripture.

Romans 6:6-8 "We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him."

The power of sin over us died with Christ on the cross. Our "old sinful selves," our sinful nature died once and for all, so we are freed from its power. The "power of sin" refers to our rebellious sin-loving nature inherited from Adam. Though we often willingly cooperate with our sinful nature, it is not us but the sin in us that is evil. It is this power of sin at work in our life that is defeated. Paul has already stated that through faith in Christ we stand righteous before God. Paul emphasizes that we need no longer live under sin's power.

Galatians 2:20 "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Thank you for reading. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home