JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I sound like my parent.......

Good morning everyone!! I hope this is a wonderful day in our Lord Jesus Christ for you. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

Proverbs 6:20-23 "My son, obey your father's commands, and don't neglect your mother's instruction. Keep their words always in your heart. Tie them around your neck. When you walk, their counsel will lead you. When you sleep, they will protect you. When you wake up, they will advise you."

Have you noticed in your life, as you gain age, you also find yourself saying, "oh my gosh, I sound just like my mother/father." Amazing, huh? Re-read the scripture.

It is natural and good for children, as they grow toward adulthood, to become increasingly independent of their parents. Young adults, however, should take care not to turn a deaf ear to their parents - to reject their advice just when it is needed most. If you are struggling with a decision or looking for insight, check with your parents or other older adults who know you well. Their years of experience may have given them the wisdom you seek.

A conversation between me and one of my daughters was why won't you listen to me? I can save you a lot of anguish and heartache. The reply back was very simple, and I do believe we do this to God, "Dad, I hear you and listen, but sometimes you just have to experience it for yourself." True, but when dealing with God's word, we are better off to heed the first time. Thank you for reading. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home