JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Slow to anger?

Good morning everyone!! Another great day to be alive in JESUS CHRIST!! God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

I will be sharing what I came out of a book I am reading. It really hit home, and hope it stirs thought and reflection on your part.

Quoting: "I didn't know what compassion was, but I knew what it was not. Compassion was not seeking revenge, holding a grudge, calling names, or screaming and throwing things in anger. Yet that was how I frequently behaved toward theses people I claimed to love. For me, the beginning of learning compassion was to eliminate such behavior."

"While I still have a hard time defining compassion, I think it starts with the recognition that I am dealing with a person who sometimes exhibits symptoms of a disease. I don't have to take it personally when these symptoms, such as verbal abuse, appear, nor do I have the right to punish anyone for being sick."

I am a worthwhile human being. I don't have to sit and take abuse nor hand out abuse. Let me learn to be the kind of person I would like to have as a friend.
A quote from S. R. Hole "He who would have beautiful roses in his garden must have beautiful roses in his heart."

James 1:19 "Wherefore , my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:"

How many times have YOU spoke out in anger when you really did not hear, or should have listened better. Wrath only provokes, a soft word is heard. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home