JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Will you endure the battle for Christ?

Good morning everyone!! Another great day to be alive in JESUS CHRIST! GOD is good all the time, all the time GOD is good!!!!!

When Paul was talking to the Corinthians he was angry. Why? False teachers had impressed and deceived the Corinthians so he had to reestablish his credibility and authority. How did he do this? He listed the trials he had endured in his service for Christ. Paul wrote this letter during his third missionary journey, but his trials were not over. He would experience further difficulties and humiliations for the cause of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:22-27 "Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold without enough clothing to keep me war."

Paul was sacrificing his life for the Good News, something the false teachers would never do. The trials and hurts we experience for Christ's sake build our character, demonstrate our faith, and prepare us for further service to the LORD. Are you battle scarred and ready? Where are you in you walk today? Thanks for reading. Pray for our country. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home