JohnnyBdaily

Monday, February 15, 2010

Nahum 1:13-14

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Wow! Happy belated valentines day! I do hope your day was good!

Nahum 1:13-14 "For now I will break off his yoke from you, and burst your bonds apart." "The LORD has given a command concerning you: 'Your name shall be perpetuated no longer. Out of the House of your gods, I will cut off the carved image and the molded image. I will dig your grave, for you are vile.'"


While studying this Paul G. Apple said the following information much better than I and this is to his credit.

c. (:13) Complete Deliverance from Captivity and Bondage
“So now, I will break his yoke bar from upon you,
And I will tear off your shackles.”
C. (:14) Concluding Summary: God Will Make a Complete End of It
1. Divine Decree
“The Lord has issued a command concerning you:”
2. Stripping Away Any Legacy
“Your name will no longer be perpetuated.”
3. Smashing All False Idols
“I will cut off idol and image from the house of your gods.”
4. Dooming Their Destiny

I do hope this helps. How often do we hold on to "something" that is not of God and "worship" it? We need to get back to the basics of John 3:16. Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful day. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home