JohnnyBdaily

Monday, November 08, 2010

Isaiah 6 Is it Lord, send me OR not me Lord?

Good morning everone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Yesterday our preacher talked about Isaiah, Chapter 6. This stirred my soul and some thought. Isaiah 6:1-4 gives us the background of what is happening here at this time.

Then we move to verses 5-7, a time of confession, cleansing and sanctification. Isaiah says he has unclean lips and dwells amongst people of unclean lips. God's redeeming grace hastened to meet the needs of Isaiah, applying to his lips a coal from the incense altar. Isaiah was cleansed and equipped for praise, intercessory prayer and the proclamation of God's word.

Now this brings us to Isaiah 6:8 "Also I heard the voice of the LORD, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then said I, "Here am I; send me."

Every believer is saved to serve, we are ipso facto from the time of conversion a witness for God. God can use only willing, loving service. Do you serve from the head or from the heart?

Isaiah was commissioned to preach God's message faithfully and fearlessly, even though his ministry would result in rejection and apparent failure. Isaiah was to "keep on keepin' on."

How often do we say, here I am LORD, I'll do it; yet unspoken is "if it is convenient and not hard?" Oh, I want to be a faithful servant of God, but in my time at my convenience, with little or no resistance. This is not about us, this is about serving our omnipotent and wonderful God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

As you continue to read, a tenth of the people returned, to be the holy seed to spring forth. Like an oak that drops its seeds, some with spring forth and grow. Where are you today? Can you stand up and say I am in the tenth which will come forth, grow, and spread the word? Or wither from lack of nourishment?

May our prayer today be that God uses us to be an Isaiah, cleanse our lips, and carry the word to the world. LORD, here am I, send me! Let this be your daily cry. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home