JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Have you taken stripes for your Savior - Jesus Christ? II Corinthians 11:23-29

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

This last statement, too blessed to be stressed. You may have troubles, worries, problems you think are insurmountable, but are they really. Have you ever suffered for Christ, I mean really suffered. Paul did and remained faithful; if you went through what Paul did - would you remain faithful?

Oh, yes I would. Really? Here is what Paul went through. II Corinthians 11:23-29 "Are they ministers of Christ? - I speak as a fool - I am more, in labors, more abundant in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in death often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep, in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness - besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?"
Paul was angry that the false teachers had impressed and deceived the Corinthians. He reestablished his credibility and authority by listing the trials he had endured in his service for Christ. When Paul wrote this letter his trials were not over. He would experience further difficulties and humiliation for the cause of Jesus Christ. Paul was sacrificing his life for the good news of Christ, something the false teachers would not do.
The trials and hurts we experience for Christ's sake build our character, demonstrates our faith, and prepares us for further service to the LORD. We have not experienced what Paul did; if you did would you continue to be a witness for Christ? Soul search time; deep faith commitment - do you have it? I would have to go to my knees and pray for strength. Just think about this for a moment. Love you all. I will not be here tomorrow as I will be on a Christian mens walk to Emaus. See you Monday.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home