JohnnyBdaily

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Lone Ranger? Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Does God sleep on Saturday? Does God not work on Saturday? This is what my nephew, Brad, asked. His point being, why is there not a devotional on Saturday. Well, I meet with a men's group Saturday morning and that covered ME. Oops - who? Yeah, me. So, I will be more diligent in doing a Saturday devotional. Sunday it is between you and God. LOL

Why do leaders, lay members, or anyone need partners? It is called accountability. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two people can accomplish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for their labor. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble."

I have some accountability partners and I do appreciate them. Thank you Doug for keeping me in my prayer time each morning. Thank all of you for keeping me based in the word daily. Thank the men on Saturday morning for keeping me faithful in fellowship.

Sometimes we are tempted to be lone rangers and this may be because we don't want to be bothered with the demands of involving others. Lone rangers are vulnerable, a duo is better. (Why do you think the lone ranger kept tonto?)

A partner will provide mutual support, wisdom, accountability and companionship. A partner will be able to correct you when you are wrong. (No, that is not why God invented wives). They will correct you in love not out of anger or hatred. If you don't have a partner, accountability partner, find one. God bless and Merry Christmas. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home