JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Do you imitate Paul? Christ? 1 Corinthians 10:31-33

Good morning all! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

WOW! Where do we begin? There is so much we need to do, to be, all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31,32 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Don't give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God."
If you are a guest and someone offers you food or drink that you don't like, to be polite one should eat or drink it, showing an appreciation of their efforts, AND let the spirit of God show forth in you. This is especially true if visiting a foreign country where their eat and drink of custom are quite different from ours. But I don't like it! Well, sorry, but this is not all about you, but about Christ showing through you. This is about Jesus.
Our actions must be motivated by God's love so that all we do will be for his glory. Keep this as a guiding principle by asking, is this action glorifying God? or How can I honor God through this action?
Paul's criterion for all his actions was not what he liked best but what was best for those around him. How would we hurt others? By being insensitive and doing what we want, no matter who is hurt by it; or being oversensitive and doing nothing for fear that someone may be displeased. Or maybe just being a "yes" person and going along with everything, trying to gain approval from people rather than from God. We live in our era of "me first" or "look out for numbero uno, me."
1 Corinthians 10:33 Paul said, "I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don't just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved. And you should imitate me, just a I imitate Christ."
Father, I want to bring people closer to You by my actions and attitudes. Help me reflect Your glory. SIR, WE WOULD SEE JESUS. Be special - do at least 1 thing for Christ today.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home