JohnnyBdaily

Monday, June 10, 2013

How to Pray - Matthew 6:9-13

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

    What is prayer?  How does one pray?  These are questions many people have but don't ask.  Do you, as a Christian pray?  Do you pray out loud?  How do you pray?
    Christ gave us an example of prayer in the Lord's Pray, yet many don't know or understand.  We pray to overcome temptation, ask for things, turn over our worries, when we are discouraged, a weapon against evil, places our focus on God, change events, ask for discernment, and more.  We do need to pray in God's will, that it be done. But let me back up slightly.
    Prayer can be public and it can be private.  When public, be not as the publican and bellow words that proclaim how good YOU are; but be humble and proclaim how good GOD IS!
   An article I read that stuck with me said to pull a chair up, visualize Jesus in the chair, Jesus being your best friend, and just visit with him.  Telling him your yea's and nay's; intimate details you tell no one else, surface things that are bothering you, just tell him all.
    How then do I pray?  On my knees? In a closet? Laid out on the ground? Standing with arms outstretched?  HOW?  Please, HOW?  Prayer is personal between me and my best friend JESUS.  Sometimes I sit, sometimes on my knees, sometimes in the car driving, but does it matter?  What really matters is that I am praying (communicating) with my saviour.  Matthew 6:9-13 is an example of how Jesus taught the disciples to pray.  Take time to read it.  To hear Matthew 6 - click here.
    What is prayer to you my friend?  If you wish to share I would enjoy being enlightened. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home