JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Are you an encouragement to others - Ephesians 4:27-28

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   I love the Bible, God's word, and how HE opens up different passages for meaning at certain times in my life.  Do you feel this way?  A passage you may have read many times before, it is just a passage or verse in the Bible, then one day it LEAPS FORWARD and hits you right between the eyes.  The ones of us who need milk get milk, but when we are at the point of needing more, God gives us more.
   Ephesians 4:28-29 "If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.  28Don't use foul or abusive language.  Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them."
    Paul warns us here about using unwholesome language, bitterness, misuse of anger, harsh words, slander, and bad attitudes toward others.  Very simple the first line, if you steal---quit it!  Instead of using your hands to take that which is not yours, use your hands to give to others in need.  Wow!  Would this ever make a difference!
    Verse 28 is the verse that has plagued me for years.  I hear this and it bothers me, I see how some treat others, anger-one to another: but then comes the time----do I join in to be part?  OR, do I remain silent?  OR, do I just leave?  OR, do I say something?
The correct answer is: Pray about it, follow what God tells you to do.  This is an area I have to pray about, how about you?  Is it okay for a group of men or a group of women, when by themselves, to be crass and use words and language that would grieve the Holy Spirit?  Is it okay when just you and your spouse (or a loved one) argue and use harsh words? How is your attitude in life? You input and prayers are appreciated.  Love you all.
  In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home