JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, November 21, 2013

HURRY! NO!!!- slow down-take time James 1:19

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
   H U R R Y !  As I traverse the hills and valleys of life my understanding tends to become less and less. The more I learn, it seems, the less I know.  BUT, this I do know and believe--one nasty and vicious word is HURRY!
    If you look up the definition of hurry you will find that as a verb it means move or act with haste, rush; then as a noun it means great haste.  This is what we, as Americans, do constantly.  If we HURRY, then we don't stop and take time.  The old expression: "Stop and smell the roses!"  Can you say guilty?!?  Of course you are, just as am I!
    Sometimes we twist this around so instead of HURRY, we simply say that - "we don't have time!"  And to this I answer BUNK!!  YOU HAVE TIME!  It is you just don't wish to take time, you don't want to slow down, you are in a hurry.
    After my mother had her stroke, I did not "have time" to go to Colorado to see her until Christmas.  I was teaching/coaching and exactly 1 week before I would see her she quietly passed away.  Because I did not "TAKE TIME" to go home, the next time I saw my mom was in a casket. Don't HURRY, take time!
    Old people are lonely; what takes away some of the pain of loneliness?  People in a hospital ill, what helps with their pain and loneliness?   People everywhere in life, what helps with their struggles? Taking time to visit, don't hurry, slow down and take time.  Your mom, dad, brother, sister, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, friends, people appreciate your time.  What is the rush?  Yes, there are times to hurry, you hurry to avoid any peril that may harm you.  But hurry just to hurry?  Why?
   James 1: 19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;"
    Don't HURRY, take time, practice your LISTENING with someone today, tomorrow, in the future.  James 1:19 tells us how to respond to the trials of life.  To read more on this please go to Christianity- Thoughts by Johnny.   Love you all.
  In Christ's Love and Grace
      Johnny

    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home