JohnnyBdaily

Saturday, November 09, 2013

What inheritance will you leave behind?

Good morning all! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!
  The word of God, how important is it, really?  Food for thought: You, today, are probably well known in your family - but think about this.  My children know who I am; my grandchildren know who I am. Then comes my great-grandchildren.  Will they know me? Do the math. If I have a child at 20, that child has a (grand) child at 20, making me 40, then that child has a (great-grand) child at 20 making me 60, there is a possibility this child (great-grand) will have some memories of me.  However, the odds are that child will only have faded memories which has become alive by the stories told about me.  Then as we go further on down the genealogy line I become lost in time. Q: do you know who your great-grand parents are?  By name?  A: I don't, and guess you probably don't either.
   So, what am I getting to here?  The stories, the words spoken to that great grandchild are the strongest in his/her memories, but no real personal experience remains.  So, what can I leave my future heirs that is worth knowing, something priceless?  Just stories of a mortal man you say.  Yes, these stories are good and possibly priceless, but what if I want to leave something more.  Okay, well then what would that be?
    My devotion to God.  The example of my actions and the word of God.  Teach my children the word of God by actions and through the Bible; let my grand-children see the word of God by my actions and from the Bible.  Yeah, right, so what does this do?  This provides a personal experience. This is leaving a priceless inheritance which can be passed from generation to generation.  I need not be a speaker of the word only, but a doer of the word as well!  This personal experience is with the Lord Jesus Christ.  This is the inheritance I wish to leave my family as I fade in the history of time.
   Here are some scriptures that may aid you in what I am saying. Today's scripture is Ephesians 6:17; Corinthians 2:17; and James 1:22.   To read more on today's thoughts go to:  www.johnnybdaily2.blogspot.com.   Thank you for reading and have a wonderful weekend. Love you all.

   In Christ's Love and Grace
      Johnny

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home