JohnnyBdaily

Friday, January 17, 2014

Galatians 5:19-21 Sitting IN the Spirit or sitting ON the Spirit?

Good morning all! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
    First, on the 15th I wrote Galatians 6:16-18 and it should have been Galatians 5:16-18. Sorry.  Now to continue--Galatians 5: 
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
   We all have evil desires or mind sets.  My wife and I talk about mine, which is being judgmental and anger.  So what do I do?  I try to manage them, but most of all I pray about God helping me follow in Jesus' footsteps and to crucify my show comings.  As long as I ignore these sins or if I refuse to deal with them, I am sitting on the Holy Spirit instead of sitting IN THE HOLY SPIRIT!  Think about this, there is a difference.
   Have I not received the gift of the Holy Spirit?  Some will argue I don't have the gift from the Spirit, but I would argue that I am squelching some of the gifts the Spirit is offering me as long as I hold on to these sins.  
   In Romans 12:(NIV) 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
    So what must I do?  Maintain my zeal --keep my spiritual fervor--serve the LORD-- and verse 12, the last word PRAYER.  I need to continually pray.  And then verse 13 - share with those in need --practice what???   Hospitality!!  I ask that you pray for me and my shortcomings in being an obedient Christian, and I, too, will pray for your shortcomings.  May you be blessed this day and the days to come. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home