JohnnyBdaily

Friday, October 20, 2006

What kind of example are you?

good morning everyone!! I hope you have a wonderful day in the Lord!! Yes, it is cool outside, brisk, makes me want to take off running and cavorting. NOT!!! However, it is nice to have cool mornings. Break up the heat and maybe get some moisture. Yesterday as I was driving into Tyler after school to have some blood drawn for my next check up I could not help but watch and think about how we act. Coming out of Grapeland there was a green older slow pickup in front of me. Yep, my first instinct is to get on his bumper and as soon as I can pass him. then, for whatever reason, a feeling came over me to just back off and enjoy the drive. Well, I did!!! Guess what? The pickup did speed up and began driving the 70 speed limit.Hmmmmm? Was I being tested? Later on, coming into Tyler on highway 155 a van darted past me with an emblem on the back....it was a child kneeling at a cross. This car was speeding and changing lanes, trying to hurry into town. However, at each stoplight, there we were together. She tailgated, switched lanes, and darted around. I could not do anything but focus on the emblem in her back window. During this interesting drive I was stuck in the left lane of traffic and had a car sitting on my bumper. The first thought was, well, if you think I am going to change lanes forget it, I am doing the speed limit. Then I had to examine myself and think if this was in the Christian spirit. Continuing into town I observed traffic, but most of all I tried to keep check on MY ATTITUDE!! Were these people really wrong, were they displaying aggressive driving attitudes, or was my attitude in the wrong place? Hhhmmmmm? Something to ponder!!!! Maybe I need to keep closer tabs on my attitude!! Romans 1:5 "THROUGH CHRIST, ALL THE KINDNESS OF GOD HAS BEEN POURED OUT UPON US...AND NOW HIS IS SENDING US OUT AROUND THE WORLD TO TELL ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE THE GREAT THINGS GOD HAS DONE....SO THEY, TOO, WILL BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM." Thank you for reading. Have a super day!! It is Friday, the day the dead come back to life........at quitting time. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home