JohnnyBdaily

Monday, August 20, 2007

Discipline

Good morning everyone!!! I hope this is a wonderful day in the Lord Jesus Christ for you. God is good all the time,all the time God is good!!! Wow! Fellowshipping with the children of God is an awesome experience. Do you love Jesus?? Yes! Do you ask "open the eyes of my heart so that I may see you?" We are to live a life that is an example of Jesus Christ!
Can we do this? No, but the closer we come to our Saviour, the closer our walk is, and the reflection we see will resemble Jesus Christ. Our walk with the Lord requires discipline. Discipline in: tithes, giving, spreading the word, be of the spirit, doing what is right with the Lord.
We are forgiven, not perfect, just forgiven!!! WHAT A GIFT FROM GOD!!!Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening-it's painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way."
We respond to discipline in several ways: (1) we can accept it with resignation; (2) we can accept it with self-pity, thinking we really don't deserve it; (3) we can be angry and resentful toward God; or (4) we can accept it gratefully as the appropriate response we owe a loving Father.
This relates in ALL OUR LIFE! Come home and do nothing OR do a few things to keep up and not have to spend all Saturday. Sort the mail when it is picked up OR be part of the Saturday routine and go through it all.Do you, do I, have the discipline to be active either for the Lord or in taking care of all the things God has given you? i.e. house, yard, car, money, children, parents, etc.
My biggest sin is the "oh, woe is me, I am tired and will do it later," No!! Many times I just think I am tired and if I get up, put my body in motion and do an activity, just go outside a new attitude comes over me. Then guess what?!?! I am no longer tired and the self pity is gone.
My goal all this week is to be the type of person God wants me to be to others, BUT, more importantly, to be the disciplined person God wants me to be all the time, at home, on the road, in town, everywhere. Pray for me, you and all of us that we will do better in being God's servants.
Thank you for listening. A special prayer request - my daughter Erin, spent the weekend cleaning her mom's home (mom is out of town) and when she got home she fell ill. Yep, stomach and very ill, please just reach your hand out for a moment and pray that she be healed. Thank you. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home