JohnnyBdaily

Friday, October 05, 2007

Are you praying in the spirit???

   Good morning everyone!!!  I trust this will be a great day in the Lord
Jesus Christ!!! Did you tell anyone about Jesus yesterday?? We are to
go forth and share the good news of Jesus Christ, who still lives, yet
died for our sins! I am not trying to belabor the tongues issue,
however, it seems I have not really heard/seen what Paul is saying in 1
Corinthians before.

1 Corinthians 14:13-15 "So anyone who speaks in tongues should pray
also for the ability to interpret what has been said. For if I pray in
tongues,my spirit is praying, but I don't understand what I am saying.
(15) Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will
also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit and I will
also sing in words I understand."

So, what is being said? If you speak in tongues we should pray for
the ability to interpret. When we pray we should be in the spirit. If
we don't have the gift of tongues does that mean we are not praying
in the spirit? No, it does not. Tongues is simply a gift, but not
the greatest of gifts.

When we pray or sing praises, or even study the word our mind and our
spirit are to be fully engaged. Most people can recite the Lord's
prayer, but how many really say the words with meaning and understand
what they are saying???? I can, you can, anyone can pray and say the
right things at the right time for the right people. BUT, is this
really praying in the spirit or is it just pleasing to man???

When I am driving and have my Open the Eyes of my Heart praise tape in
I often feel that I am in the spirit both physically and mentally.
There are times my mind wanders, yet the same praise tape is playing.
Take time, let your spirit go, close out everything, focus on God,
turn off the radio, the t.v., the whatever and focus. See how your
"visit with God" goes. Let me know. I am going to do this as I hit the
send button.

Thank you for listening....uh....reading today. Satan is alive and
moving - keep your spirit right....let God and the angels fight the
spiritual battle to slay the demons. Love you all!!

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home