JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Eating flesh - drinking blood?

Good morning all!! God is good all the time, all the time God is good!! How great it is to have a living and loving God. Remember Psalm 34:1 and praise God openly and tell people about God.

Yesterday we talked about the bread of life, Jesus, the only way to eternal life. The ancient days they had trouble understanding what Jesus meant with his words and parables. Look at John 6:53-56 "So Jesus said again, 'I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.'"

This was a shocking message - to eat flesh and drink blood sounded cannibalistic. The idea of drinking any blood, let alone human blood, was repugnant to the religious leaders because the law forbade it. (Lev 17:10-11) Jesus was not talking about literal blood. He was saying that his life had to become their own, but they could not accept this concept. The Gospel writers and Paul used the body and blood imagery in talking about Communion.

So, are you eating flesh and drinking blood? Are you becoming 1 with Christ? Where is your walk today? Where will it be tomorrow? Thanks for reading. Love you all.


In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home