JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

Good morning everyone!! Yes, New Year’s Eve…..a time we look forward to, old year ends, a new year so change can begin. But does it really begin?

Begin and end…..Alpha and Omega!! We will now make resolutions….many times to simply be broken. My intent is to PRAY faithfully for a lifestyle change with God. Take away the surface faith and let my faith come from deep inside the heart.

We, Christians, are coming closer and closer to being as David in Psalms 69, when there were many problems, he was scoffed at, humiliated, and the object of gossip. Do you see this in the Christian walk?

Psalm 69:13-18 “But I keep praying to you, LORD, hoping this time you will show me favor. In your unfailing love, O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mud; don’t let me sink any deeper! Save me from those who hate me, and pull me from these deep waters. Don’t let the floods overwhelm me, or the deep waters swallow me, or the pit of death devour me. Answer my prayers, O LORD for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful. Don’t hide from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble! Come and redeem me; free me from my enemies.”

David had problems. He was scoffed at, mocked, insulted, humiliated, and made the object of citywide gossip. But still he prayed. When we are completely beaten down, we are tempted to turn from God, give up, and quit trusting him. When your situation seems hopeless, determine that no matter how bad things become you will continue to pray. God will hear your prayer, and he will rescue you. When other rejects us, we need God most. Don’t turn from your most faithful friend.

Thank you for reading with me today. New Years resolution, be in prayer constantly and let God nestle in to the deepest regions of my heart. Love you all.

In Christ’s Love and Grace Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home