JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The first dysfunctional family!

Good morning everyone! Another great day to be alive in Jesus Christ our LORD and savior. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

Have you thought about the first dysfunctional family? Adam and Eve were the first earth dwellers to experience the world and run and love and enjoy God's creation. You know from Genesis they DID NOT OBEY GOD!! They did the one thing he asked them not to do.

Because of this they were forced to leave their ideal garden and a life much more like ours began. Sweat, labor, pain, and disappointment arose. They lost their first two children because one brother, Cain, killed the other, Abel, out of jealousy and rage.

It was not a happy time. Abel was dead and Cain was exiled. Adam and Eve did what we do today. They picked themselves up and dusted themselves off and, with the forgiveness and guidance of almighty God, they started all over again. Their world was now less than ideal, but their God was still the same.

Matthew 11:28-30 "come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentl and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all. Next week the Beatitudes.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home