JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Why worry? part 4

Good morning everyone! Another great day to be alive in the LORD JESUS CHRIST!! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. We have been talking about worry, starting with Peter.

Now let's go back to Peter. In his moment of triumph, worry brought him low. As he sank beneath the waves, he called out in despair to Jesus. Jesus immediately stretched out his arm and raised Peter up. Together, they walked back to the boat.

A core truth in this story was brought home to me by my mother. One day during a particularly rough patch in my life, I began to tell her all the things I was worrying about. She stopped me mid-sentence. "Pat," she said, "Where are your eyes?" There it was - a spiritual truth in a nutshell. When forced to consider this question, I realized that my mother had given me the Christian's answer to worry. Peter earned that when he took his eyes off Jesus and thought about the wild waves and howling winds around him, he began to sink beneath the waters. When we worry, we take our eyes off Jesus and turn them toward whatever problem besets us. We flounder in the waters of despair, we flail against the winds of chaos, and we sink into separation from God.

Great words, again this is written by Patricia Wilson from the Upper Room. Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home