JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rebuke? Necessary?

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good! Think about this: sometimes rebuke is necessary, but it must be used with caution. The purpose of any rebuke, confrontation, or discipline is to help people, not hurt them.

2 Corinthians 13:2 "I have already warned those who had been sinning when I was there on my second visit. Now I again warn them and all others, just as I did before, that next time I will not spare them."

When Paul arrived the third time in Corinth, he would not be lenient toward unrepentant sinners. His actions could include (1) confronting and publicly denouncing their behavior, (2) exercising church discipline by calling them before the church leaders, or (3) excommunicating them from the church.

This may sound harsh, be how subtle is the movement away from the word, to "soften" the word, to make the word "pleasing and easy." Be ware, test all by the word, and do what is right in God's eyes. No other eyes are as important as God's. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home