JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, March 25, 2010

1 Corinthians 9:27 Are you in training?

Good morning!! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

Yesterday at the track I realized something that we all know but do not always internalize. When I was young I ran 1 lap on a track in 1 1/2 minutes; not a race winning time, but good for me. Now, at 61 I run the lap just under 3 minutes. So?????

Well we must be disciplined, train, and work hard to run this lap. I have just started again, will I get back to 1 1/2 minutes? Probably not, but I can increase my speed with constant training, discipline, and mental training. So how is this applicable to us and the Bible?

1 Corinthians 9:27 Paul says, "I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

When Paul talks about being disqualified he does not mean lose salvation, but rather that he could lose his privilege of telling others about Christ. It is easy to tell others how to live and then not take our own advice. We must be careful to practice what we preach. We must train daily, through the Bible, to strength our endurance and run the race to win.

Are you in a state of training? Or in a state of complaining? Love you all!

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home