JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 Life or Death

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Yesterday, on my drive for business, I listened to a preacher that stimulated this thought. Am I committed? And what am I committed to? Think about this for a moment. Now let's look at Deuteronomy 30:19-20 when Moses is talking to the people of Israel.

KJV "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may life: That thou mayest love the LORD they GOD and that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for He is thy life, and the length of they days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them."

Moses is saying he is giving them a choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now, make your choice! If you choose life, your descendants will live.

Moses challenged Israel to choose life, to obey God and therefore to continue to experience His blessings. God doesn't force His will on anyone. He lets us decide whether to follow him or reject him.

This decision is a life-or-death matter. God wants us to realize this, for he would like us all to choose life. Daily, in each new situation, we must affirm and reinforce this commitment.

Are you committed to God? Are you committed to doing God's work? Daily?!? Do you treat God as a step-father or truly your father in heaven? I plan to be committed to God first, and then doing His work as my second commitment. I just pray that God helps me to see the opportunity to witness, evangelize, help, that God may show through me by my example; bringing all the glory to HIM. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home