JohnnyBdaily

Monday, December 19, 2011

Jesus, His birth! Is the exact date important? Luke 2:1-5

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

We are in the Christmas season. My grandson asked me this question - 'some boys at school said Dec. 25 is not Jesus Christ's birthday. Is this true?' My response was what do you believe? He responded with I believe it is. I responded with then that is when it is.

People for years have been quibbling about Dec. 25-some say it is not Christ's real birthday - others say it is. My question to you is - "Is this really important?"

Is this just another diversion tactic of satan to get us derailed and not focused on Jesus Christ - our LORD and Saviour? I am sure if we went to the court house in Bethlehem and asked for a copy of the birth record from 2011 years ago they could jump right up and produce it.

The first thing about Jesus' birth is obedience. Joseph and Mary were obedient. This first stated when Mary became pregnant and both had visitors telling them what to do (angels). Now, the Romans controlled the civilized world at the time. Joseph, even though he did not wish to do so, complied with the Roman order to pay his taxes and made the long trip with his fiancee, Mary, who was about to give birth. They traveled from Nazareth to Bethlehem.

Joseph had obeyed God concerning Mary; now he was obeying the law of the land. The trip was important of where Jesus was prophesied to be born. Micah 5:2 "But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village among all the people of Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you."

Of course, this ruler is Jesus, and Micah predicted this hundreds of years prior to the birth of Jesus. Micah's ministry ended 687 B.C. So what am I telling you? Back to my grandson's question - Does it matter the exact day Jesus was born? Or does it matter that Jesus WAS BORN? Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world. DO YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS? That, now my friend, is my question to you! Love you all. More on the Christmas story tomorrow and all this week.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home