JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Honor God with wealth & best production. Proverbs 3:9-10

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

A tidbit for today. On this date, April 3, 1860 the pony express began. During this same era they had telegraphs to carry messages. How much have we changed? We still get mail and information is delivered over a wire. We just have motorized vehicles and the wire is called internet. We are doing the same as our forefathers, but bigger, faster, and ???better?? Just trivia, now the word.

Proverbs 3:9-10 "Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine."

What is this saying? This refers to the practice of giving to God the first and best portion of the harvest. (Deuter 26:9-11) Many people give God their leftovers. If they can afford to donate anything after the bills are paid, they do so. These people may be sincere and contribute willingly, but they are not obeying what God says.

I have been there. As a young man I would give $25 a week and the rest at the end of the month IF there was any. Never was. Then as I became older, after many trials and tribulations and then rededicating my life to God I gave accordingly (10%) off my NET income, you know, what I really took home.

God watched, He observed, and then laid the burden on my shoulders to tithe off my GROSS, not the net. At first I debated, then reluctantly at first, but soon willingly I gave 10% off the gross. WOW! Blessings have poured my way. Now, the road was not always smooth, but the blessings came and still come.

I did learn that giving willingly to God is only giving back a portion of what He gave me anyway. I learned that God, not possessions had first place in my life and that I was the manager of what God gave me. Giving back to God helps me to conquer greed, manage what God gave me properly, and opens me up to receive God's special blessings.

Oh, but I can't afford to give right now. OH, but you cannot afford NOT TO GIVE! God's word, food for thought, time for action. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home