JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How arrogant are you? Luke 18:11-14

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Today I am really teaching to myself BIG TIME! If this touches you - praise God! Sometimes we become smug in who we are, what we do, where we are in life, and how we got here. In doing so we forget about the only one who made all this possible - GOD!

Sometimes in our Christian walk we become arrogant and over confident. We do things for show; yet won't help someone who is really in need. Look in the book of Luke.

Luke 14:10-14 "Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a pharisee and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don't cheat, I don't sin, and I don't commit adultery. I'm certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.'
(13) But the tax collector stood at a distance and daren not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.'"

Because that person dresses different, looks different, acts different, smells different, do you save your "CHRISTIAN WORK" for someone more worthy? How arrogant and cocky we become many times. Who do you really help when you go to visit with the pastor or priest? Yourself! Where should you be? What should you be doing? My prayer this morning is to make me more like Jesus and pull all the evil and darkness from my heart. Love you all. Pray for me, please.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home