JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, April 19, 2012

How is your driving? What direction is your life headed? April 19, 2012

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

What is happening in your world right this very moment? For the ones of you who know me well I spent a lot of windshield time which also allows a lot of time for thought, thinking, and prayer.

Yesterday, while merging with traffic and observing the traffic I began thinking about how much our lives resemble the people in their cars traveling throughout the world. Some are darting in and out of traffic, violating the speed law, with only one thing in mind.....to take care of their personal needs - not caring about others.
Some are the straight and narrow, driving within the limits of the law and trying to do what is correct and right on the roads. Being observant of others, not speeding, and going from destination to destination.
Then there are the "Sunday drivers" as we used to call them. They are not concerned about others, just driving along, sight seeing, and enjoying the day, blazing down the freeway at a whoopin' 50 or 55 miles per hour.
Some people do not care about the ones around them, doing for themselves, thinking for themselves, and if they come to church it is for others to see and make them happy. The second driver comes to church each Sunday, does what they are supposed to do to be a good Christian. Go to Sunday school, to church, out to eat, home for a nap, and, wow! What a great Sunday. The third driver is in a rut, doing what they have and can do for years. No hurry, nothing to worry about, and just enjoying the sights, aka, visiting with friends at church.
Again, this goes back to what is in our heart. Driving I can see each of the three in me. When relating this to my church, again, I have seen all three in me. My heart tends to be the problem - it is not always where it should be. I pray daily, but sometimes it is head prayer not heart felt prayer. Where do I go wrong? In the reliance of "I". My reliance should be of the great "I AM" and following God's way. Ezekiel was told to go to the valley and listen - I, too, need to go to the valley and listen. In closing:
"SIR, WE WOULD SEE JESUS!"

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home