JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Rely on God? Or yourself? Isaiah 50:10-11

Good morning everyone. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Aren't you glad God takes care of us, even when we are foolish or stupid? Where does your trust lie?

Isaiah 50:10-11 "Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God. (11) But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment."

If we walk by our own light and reject God's, we become self-sufficient and the result of self-sufficiency is torment.
When we place confidence in our own intelligence, appearance, or accomplishments instead of in God, we risk torment later when these strengths fade.
When I opened my Bible this morning this was the verse that jumped out at me. I think of how often I walk in the darkness, forgetting to stop, listen, and follow Jesus. And as a man, many times we have the Tim Allen approach, uh, me man, me can do it. We need to let that pride fall and turn our thoughts and action toward following God. If we don't, as the word states, we will fall down in great torment.
Thank you for reading today. Love all you guys and gals.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home