JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Submit, be content, God IS in control!

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

Have you awaken to the fact you don't think you are content in your life, your career, your family, with anything? I have and did. Once I retired from education I was not sure what I wanted to do. I soon found what I was comfortable doing at that time was teaching, being in the educational field. Sooo, I became a retire/rehire and was teaching junior high science. When I began I was really enjoying it for 3 years. But then the fourth year I wanted something different.
I applied for many jobs but my experience, my degrees, and my age did not open any doors. Sooo, in November I...... well, let's look at some scripture.

Proverbs 14:30 "A tranquil heart is life to the body, but jealousy is rottenness to the bones."
1 Timothy 6:6 "But godliness with contentment is a great gain."

Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.""

Be contented where you are - even if it's not exactly where you want to end up. God has something wonderful in store for you, and remember that God's timing is perfect. Be patient, trust God, do your best and expect the best.

Back to the story--- Well, in November I prayed and visited with God. My words were, okay God, if this is where you want me, teaching junior high science, I will be here until I re-retire or die. I will be content with where I am.

The very next month I was at a conference, visited with a lady who said they were looking for a sales rep to sell a curriculum I had in my school when I was principal. Long story short, I applied, and now 5 1/2 years later I am still with them, enjoying my job but remembering daily to thank God for this position.
The job God had in store was not open UNTIL, I SUBMITTED TO HIS WILL, and was happy where I was. The key, here, to me, is I finally submitted to God's will and quit trying to do it all the Johnny way. Thank you God. Love you all. May this touch whomever it needs to touch is my prayer.

In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home