JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Is your body holy, acceptable to God? Romans 12:1

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!

    This week I have been visiting about the "evil" that comes to us through thoughts, words, actions and deeds.  Did you share Jesus with someone yesterday or did you engage in some "off-color" activity?
    Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."
    Can you say that you did present your body a living sacrifice?  Are you holy and acceptable to God?   
    We entertain rude and crude jokes, unChristian actions, yet we say - I AM A CHRISTIAN!  If you were outside, looking in, would you be enticed to be a Christian by your actions, your talk? Would you follow you?
    Yet we allow things to come into our homes that are evil, i.e. TV or radio.   I was appalled Tuesday morning by listening to KTBB and the commentator referred to the presidential campaign, Mitt Romney, and spoke of him and his campaign as  mf's.   He did not say the words, but IS THAT REALLY ACCEPTABLE?  It is okay to disagree, but shouldn't we be held accountable?  When the end comes you will be accountable to a higher power - the judge - GOD!
    I do not mean to go on and rave about this, but this is what we allow to pollute our minds, our children's minds, the youth of today's minds.  I, and my generation are as guilty as before us and after us.  When in junior high in 1960 I dropped my books and said crap.  My mom jumped all over me and my response?   Mom, everyone says it, there is nothing wrong with saying that.  Oh, yes, our slang is just a shadow of the real words - and are they acceptable?  NO!
   So far we have slipped, as we are standing on shale, our slide is not over. No my friend, our slide is just getting ready to be a landslide.  Prepare, share, tell of the living God, tell of Jesus.  Thank you for listening. Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home