JohnnyBdaily

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Walk humbly with your God - Micah 6:8

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Wow!  Do you ever just stop and reflect where God is; where He is taking you; what your purpose is?  Yesterday, Oct. 10 was my birthday and I was working in the DFW area, or planned to work in the DFW area.  As I trekked to Dallas early Tuesday my battery light on my pickup came on.  I was not sure why or what was wrong, inbetween towns on I-20 -- I continued on, the light went off. Yea!  The truck healed itself.  lol
   Made my calls on Tuesday with no problem.  Wednesday, I woke at the hotel, left for my calls, and my first call was at a Christian school, Coram Deo Academy.  I went in, had a great visit with the principal, then returned to my vehicle to continue my calls. Get in the pickup, turn the key and hear a couple of "click clicks."  Oh, battery is down.  I get help from the academy, truck will not continue to run.  Well, a long story short, called AAA, they came, tested the battery, it is okay, the alternator has gone bad. Ohhhhh!
    The young man, Edgar, who first came to check the battery, stayed until the tow truck came. Edgar is not a Christian.  God moved me to ask if he believed in Jesus Christ as his saviour.  He said he was not a believer, but felt people should be kind to one another and help each other when in need.  We were able to visit for about 30 minutes until the tow truck came. I invited him to church and to search the word.  He volunteered to keep in touch and he has my phone number and email. Praise God!  Awesome experience and God opened the doors.
    Then, while riding with the tow truck driver, Gordon, we began to visit and I asked him if he was a Christian.  He said he was Jewish.  He explained his mom was married to a pastor, he was a pastor's kid, and as he grew he saw a difference between what was said in church and preached on Sunday and then how the "Christians", including his step-father, operated during the week. Each was in contrast and he quickly discovered that what was preached was not practiced by his step dad and other pastors of the community in and around the DFW area.  He believes in a living God, but is not Christian because of the Christians.
    Remember, you may be the only Bible some people see. Or as the expression goes, when all else fails use words.  How is your walk?  Micah 6:8 "No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
    Religious rituals are not enough; God wants changed lives.  He wants his people to be fair, just, merciful, and humble.  God wants us to become living sacrifices (Romans 12:1,2) not just doing religious deeds, but living rightly (Jeremiah 4:4; Hebrews 9:14)
    IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLLOW GOD CONSISTENTLY WITHOUT HIS TRANSFORMING LOVE IN OUR HEARTS.  Pleae pray for Edgar and Gordon. Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home