JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pray? Don't have time.....sorry! Matthew 6:6

Good morning all!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Wow!  Sorry to have missed you yesterday.  I just did not get my act together.  We have talked about prayer before, but let us come back to prayer once again.
   The North Koreans did a nuclear bomb test before Obama's State of the Union address. Two war heroes, Navy Seals were laid to rest, dangerous criminals have escaped-injuring police officers in the process, and on and on.  Obama says the government does not have a spending problem - they don't - they have a budget problem (can't stay in the budget).  We could go on and on; become distraught, frustrated, and have anxiety attacks, and for what.  WORRY!  Worry is not of God!  Worry is of man!
   In Acts, the disciples were concerned about many deeds to be done; Jesus stopped them and basically said they have 2 jobs - pray and spread the Good News (word).
   How often do all the things above and more cause us to fret and forget to pray?  I would pray but I did not have time;  I got up too late;  I................. Ok, yeah, whatever.  You have 1440 minutes per day - why, WHY is it you cannot spare just 2 minutes, 5 minutes or 10 minutes to visit with your Father in Heaven, the one who holds your inheritance for eternal life.  How would you react if your family never contacted or talked to you except when they needed something?
   How to pray?  Click and read Matthew 6:6  Go off by yourself and spend time with God.  Don't be, what I call an SOS or SOB (Sunday Only Sister - or - Sunday Only Brother); forgetting God the rest of the time. My request: Please pray for me today, my family, your family, the leaders we have elected, our nation.  When driving or just sitting - PRAY.
In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home