JohnnyBdaily

Monday, March 04, 2013

Are sinful, earthly things lurking within you? Colossians 3:1-8

Good morning everyone!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   Wow!  An awesome day at church yesterday.  Then last night, on the History channel they have the Bible.  They say they are keeping it close to the script and it is very close.  A few details are wrong, but basically it is correct.
    Now, have you thought about where our society as a whole is?  America, S. America, Europe, Baltic Countries, Arab Nations - where have we gone morally? Yesterday on America's funniest videos everyone is laughing and think it is funny and okay for a 3 year old little girl to run around, repeatedly saying "I farted!"  My mother would cringe, and I was not exactly happy.  AND, this is considered a funny clip.  I get onto my grandchildren if they say this.
    So you say what is wrong with that, which is what everyone says that now.  Yes, I know; just another slip in our slide back to the world of Sodom and Gomorrah.  My mother jumped all over me around 1959 or 60 for saying "crap" when I dropped my school books.  She told me my grandfather would have wore me out for saying that.  Just stop a moment and consider the language we, you & I use, that is acceptable by society standards.  Let me go back a few years: in a family way compared to knocked up;  songs with curse words in them; phuie (foo-ey) to friggin;  cranky to bitchin; when good was good and bad was bad.  Where have we gone?  Is this pleasing to our Lord and Saviour?
   First, look at Colossians 3:1-4 click on link, read this, then come back.  Now, look at Colossians 3:5 & 8 where Paul tells us to put to death sinful earthly things LURKING within you. Yes, we all have secrets, but not from God.  Verse 8 tells us to rid ourselves of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. We do this by committing ourselves to Jesus Christ, and remaining committed to Jesus.  Can you say your are committed to Jesus?  If so, alleluia; if not-what are you going to do about it? 
    We cannot clean up the whole world, but we can clean up where we live and help those around us. Enjoy your feedback. Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
        Johnny
       Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home