JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Exercise - physically and spiritually --- 1 Timothy 4:7

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Today, in my reading of a daily devotional it hit home with me, so I do apologize, however I am going to  copy what I read and maybe it will touch you as it did me. Thank you for your patience.
  But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 1 Timothy 4:7
    Exercise...just writing the word wears me out.  I know I should do it regularly!  I have a member ship at a fitness center, buy my infrequent attendance makes the cost per workout extremely high.  So far my goal of becoming physically fit is just a dream.  I've put little effort into my physical training program.
     This approach is similar to the way many of us engage in spiritual training.  We know we should be actively involved in the basic spiritual disciplines of prayer, meditation, worship, Bible study, memorization, and witnessing, but we often allow other priorities to push spiritual disciplines out of our daily routinges.
    The apostle Paul strongly urged Timothy, his young protege in the ministry, to "exercise....unto godliness."  The word exercise is derived from the Greek word of "Gymnasium" and refers to active involvement in training for godliness.  Our approach to spiritual disciplines should be similar to the way an ancient athlete got rid of all encumbrances and focused completely on his training.  Exercise godliness in your daily life.  Love you all.
   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny
from Open Windows, SB Guide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home