JohnnyBdaily

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Who are you servant to? Proverbs 11:29-30

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good. TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Today I was searching "servant" and my mind was going one direction when this jumped out at me: "Proverbs 11:29  He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart."
    Wow!  This leaped out and stopped me.  One of our greatest resources from God is the family.  Families provide acceptance, encouragement, guidance, and counsel.  If we - you or I - bring trouble on our family, whether through anger or through a desire for independence, it is foolish.  Why?
   Because, when we do this we cut ourselves off from all the family provides.  A family can provide healing, communication, understanding, encouragement.
    The next verse, 30, tells us a wise person, with good seeds, is a model of a meaningful life.  A tree attracts people to its shade, a wise person's sense of purpose attracts others who want to know how they, too, can find meaning.  Gaining wisdom yourself can be the first step in leading people to God.
   So, I ask you, my friend, are you trouble in your own house, or are you wise with good seeds and leading others to God?  Love you all.

   In Christ's Love and Grace
     Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home