JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Obscene,foolish talk? Is that you? Ephesians 5:3,4

Good morning all!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   When I do my prayer time and Bible study in the mornings I simply share with you what God is teaching me.  If it relates to you, then take it to heart; however, if it does not touch you please realize it is simply a lesson that you can read, enjoy or not, delete.  God convicts me daily and makes me aware of the wrongs in my life.  I do pray HE leads me and each lesson will touch not only me, but at least one who is reading.  Thank you for being there, whether you read, delete, or ignore--you are important to me. Love you all.
  Ephesians 5:3-4 "Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God's people.  Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes -- theses are not for you.  Instead, let there be thankfulness to God."
    Wow!  Does this reach out to you?  It certainly does to me!!  Obscene stories and coarse jokes are so common that we begin to take them for granted.  Paul cautions, however, that improper language should have no place in the Christian's conversation because it does not reflect God's gracious presence in us.  If this is not present with you personally, just turn on tv or go to a moviel
  How can we praise God and remind others of his goodness when we are speaking coarsely?
    In Christ's Love and Grace
      Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home