JohnnyBdaily

Monday, September 23, 2013

Pharisee or Jesus? Which are you? Luke 7:36-50

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   My lovely and God filled wife read a book, Mud and the Masterpiece, that her sister-in-law gave her, which my wife in turn gave me to read.  I have just started but it already has made an impact on me, where I am in my spiritual life, and my actions daily.
    Two couples are traveling the countryside together.  They stop in the middle of nowhere and view a house built in 1913, a centurion home.  This old home rests atop a hill which has a magnificent view.  The one couple states this would be a great place to buy, tear down the home, and build a beautiful modern home on that spot.
   The second couple, viewing the old home intently, could visualize what it once was, how it could be restored to the masterpiece it once was, and then be able to share its beauty with others.
   When you see people each day, do you see them as dirty, hateful, someone you would not want to be around, as the first couple saw the old home.  OR, do you see what they have the potential for and are willing to help restore that masterpiece to where Jesus sees it, like the second couple?
   Luke 7:36-50 is a link for the verse, worth your reading.  Jesus saw the masterpiece in others and set forth to uncover it.  How many times does your mouth say "pleased to meet you" and your eyes say otherwise.  How many times do your lips say "may I help you" but your eyes say different.  Have you uncovered YOUR MASTERPIECE yet.
    Are you as a Pharisee, do what you must, act as you think you should, and think you are walking like Jesus?  OR, are you daily stripping away the mud on the masterpiece God created you to be, and walking closer to Jesus?
   So much is flowing in my head, in my spirit, I will continue this thought tomorrow. Remember, Jesus hung around with sinners, tax collectors (cheats), ladies of question (prostitutes), and the like.   Why?

  In Christ's Love and Grace
    Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home