JohnnyBdaily

Monday, October 14, 2013

Help me, I have fallen and I..........

Good morning everyone! God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!
   So, my friend, what is happening in your world?  Have you reached out to someone in need lately?  How do you reach out?  Do you get down and wallow around in the mud and yuck with them? OR, do you hang on to a branch, out of the wallow and extend your hand?
   It is easy to sympathize with someone and fall into the "oh, poor you" (for them the "poor me") arena.  What do you do?  We need to have pity, yet wallow not; listen but not direct; see but not judge; encourage but not do.   So, what are we to do, really?
   Pray!  Oh, yeah, right, that is the answer all Christians give - to pray.  And what good does this do? Nothing!  Wait up bucko!  When we pray, we have to believe.  Yeah, right, and the one I am praying for does not believe-so then what?
   Be patient my friend, continue to pray.  We are not told our prayers will be answered immediately; we are not told the other has to be a believer; we are told to pray and wait on the LORD!  Is that hard?  Yep, for us humans, it is particularly hard!  We want it now.
   My heart is burdened with some of the people at our church, one young man in particular who has returned to drugs.  I want to shake him, make him well, let him see the same light for him I see, it is frustrating.  However, I have to remember that I am not the one who heals; I am not the one who saves; I have no power but the power of God is all mighty and real. What does the Bible say.
Deuteronomy 15:11
For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
   We, I, need to open my hand wide unto my brother.  This is what needs to, and has to be done.  Will you extend a hand today?  Extend a hand to someone?  Anyone?  Someone may see Jesus in you, come to know the truth and the light - Jesus.  Thanks for letting me aire today.  Have a great Monday.
In Christ's Love and Grace
   Johnny
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home