JohnnyBdaily

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

LOVE! What/who do you really LOVE?

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!
   Have you just stopped, really stopped and thought about the word "love" and how we use it?  I love my car; I love my house; I love my ..............and on and on.  What does love really mean?
    Let us look at some scripture about love:
  1. Matthew 22:37
    Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 
         Step one - read this and let the words sink in to your mind, heart and soul. Can you say I LOVE the LORD, my God, with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind? 
  2. Mark 10:21
    Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
      Step two - look at him/her and love him/her. Then share the way to heaven.  Do you look at someone, love them, and share the way of salvation?
  3. Luke 16:14
    The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.
       Step three - don't love the wrong things!  Yes, the Pharisees loved, but what did they truly love. These were men of God whose values drifted from God to the world.
  4. John 8:42
    Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.
       Step four - do you love Jesus?  Do you really love Jesus?  Do your actions, words, and thoughts reflect Jesus who was sent by God?  If you love God you love Jesus; if you love Jesus you love God!
        Think seriously about love.  This is the aura (the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place) Jesus had; do you have that type of aura?  Love you all!
        In Christ's Love and Grace
          Johnny
    thought for today: GREATER IS HE WHO IS IN ME THAN MY PROBLEMS FOR TODAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home